Montag, 25. Mai 2020

Thriving despite corona

It's been a long time since I wrote anything in public! My name is Annette and today I decided to share a topic that has always been part of my life. 

First if you know me a bit you may be aware that I am very interested in the law of attraction. I watch videos and read books about it for inspiration. One of the videos had the title "How to thrive despite corona lockdown"?
Being a musician my work life has slowed down quite a bit...I am teaching a few hours here and there but despite that I hadn't had the excellent creative inspiration yet how to work the way I enjoy it most despite the situation. So how could I thrive in this situation?

I decided to give special attention to my health especially to my skin. I always struggled with eczema atopic dermatitis (eczema) and a few months before corona lockdown once again it had gotten out of control a bit...my fingertips were pretty broken and often I used cortisone to be able to play violin at all.
Now was the time to start healing again! Sometimes trying new ways can be a bit scary...there is so much information out there how to heal eczema. I tried many in my life and often it would get worse although it apparently had healed so many others. But now that I wouldn't be on a stage for a while it didn't matter if it got worse since nobody (besides my husband and my son) would see me!

So this is what I did:
- I started taking skin related supplements such as biotin and zink.
- I started taking probiotics to heal the inside as well.
- Whenever doing housework I would use gloves to protect my hands...no more bad chemicals on my
   hand ever!
- I started running again to get lots of sunlight (Vitamin D) and also sweat out toxic stuff.
- I continued doing yoga to get more balanced mentally.
- I also found a new lotion that really took away the itching without cortisone in it.
- I decided to get off all cortisone cremes.

So did it help?

At first it got worse...my face and neck got hot and red and I felt really emotional and tired.

After a few days I almost wanted to stop my new routine. And then...it slowly started healing!
It's been about 10 weeks since starting this routine and my fingertips are pretty much healed!
I can play violin without any pain, which is amazing!!!
I still have a few itchy spots on my neck and arms though they are smaller and less aggressive.
It's still a journey but it's so much better already! It was always my goal to heal and still be able to live my life the way I desire to live.

Slowing down wasn't my number 1 goal at this point in my life but it has given me the chance to be more kind to my body and give it the attention it needed.

I wanted to share my little journey in case you struggle with skin issues and need new inspiration! I am happy to share additional information about the supplements and lotion I use just let me know.

Namasté

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen